首页 > 雅思资讯 > 干货分享 > 正文
In education and employment some people work harder than others. Why do they work hard? Is it a good thing to work hard?
Some people think that personal happiness is directly related to economic success. Others argue that happiness depends on different factors. Discuss both views and give your own opinions.
第二个例子明显属于社会价值观问题，每个人对于幸福的定义都是完全不同的， 我们可以从大同时间出发，以整个社会的现状进行分析，也可以从小我出发， 从简答的愉快进行解答。
1. happiness = sense of happiness n 幸福
2. happiness = well-being = pleasure n快乐
3. happiness index n幸福指数
4. economic success = economic achievement n经济成就
5. have large sums of money = own a great deal of wealth v 拥有财富
6. have deep pockets = have money to burn v 财力雄厚
7. wholesome physique and mentality n健康的身心
8. is closely related to = is associated with 和……相关
9. have little correlation to …… v和……不相关联
10. …… is a more essential factor in achieving happiness ……是获得幸福更加重要的因素
11. strengthen one's sense of fulfillment v增强人的成就感
12. earn respect and admiration from others v赢得别人的尊敬和羡慕
13. fulfill one's many wonderful dreams v实现诸多的美丽梦想
14. travel all around the globe v环球旅行
15. enjoy the delicious / delectable/ tasty foods in the world v享受世间美食
1. Perhaps no issue has led to such an endless debate as to whether or not …… 也许没有什么像……一样引起无休止的争论。
2. Standards towards happiness differ widely from person to person .人们对于幸福的标准是仁者见仁智者见智。
3. Happiness lies, first of all, in health. 健康是幸福生活的本源。
4. Under no circumstances can ignore the immense value of health management. 任何情况下不能忽视健康管理的巨大价值。
5. Health enables one to brave the career challenges energetically and harmonize the family life optimistically 健康可以使人精力充沛地应对事业的挑战以及乐观地实现家庭的和谐。
People have been pondering for years the connotation of true happiness. Perhaps no issue has led to such an end less debate as to whether or not large sums of money could directly bring people well-being. Standards towards happiness differ widely from person to person. My view is that the sense of well-being could derive from wealth, however, other more significant factors have more indispensable roles to play in enhancing one's happiness index.
Indeed, happiness do closely relate to economic achievement to some extent because a great amount of wealth can make people's life more enjoyable, comfortable and free. To be more specific, one can fulfill his many dreams such as receiving fine education and traveling around the globe if he or she has deep pocket. Still, economic success implies high social status, which can bring people the sense of happiness and even earn respect from others.
Notwithstanding all that, there is no definite correlation between the amount of one's wealth and his or her happiness index. Happiness，sometimes， does not depend on economic success but completely on wholesome physique and mentality. First, happiness lies in health. More precisely, wealth, fame, or status will be of little meaning if one fails to ensure his health. To illustrate, some affluent enterprisers have money to burn, yet, they are basically unhappy due to the deteriorating health condition and huge mental pressure. Further, health ensures career success and family harmony. In other words, health enables one to brave the career challenges energetically and harmonize the family life optimistically. Ultimately, those who enjoy good health must be confident and optimistic, their pleasant characters can help them enlarge circle of friends. The multiplication of close friends will brighten their spirit and sweeten their lives.
In the final analysis, I re-affirm my conviction that happiness is not only related to economic success but also links to health, which is more significant. Only by means of owing desirable health condition can we enjoy the lifelong sense of pleasure although wealth sometimes indicates the source of happiness.